Steelers Game Day Weigh In: Steeler Nation Wishlist
Nov 4, 2012; East Rutherford, NJ, USA; Pittsburgh Steelers outside linebacker James Harrison (92) sacks New York Giants quarterback Eli Manning in the fourth quarter during the game at Met Life Stadium. Mandatory Credit: William Perlman/THE STAR-LEDGER via USA TODAY Sports
The Pittsburgh Steelers will face the New York Giants in one of the final games of Week 1 of the preseason. The Giants are already on the board with a victory over the Bills during the Hall of Fame game last weekend. The Steelers will begin to slowly answer questions about certain players and positions as the game wears on and as the 1st, 2nd, and 3rd team squads take the field.
There is still much uncertainty this early on in the preseason and how things will shake out by Week 1 of the regular season. But, there’s one thing that is for certain:
STEELER FOOTBALL IS BACK!!!
It’s been a long six month break, but we’ve all survived and can now sink into that familiar indentation on our couches with an Iron City in one hand and our Terrible Towels in the other. But of course, even though I know it’s early, here are a few things on my wish list that I hope to see during tonight’s matchup.
1) Ben Roethlisberger takes 16 snaps (10 pass, 6 run) total and calls it a night – staying healthy is a must, but needs some decent reps.
2) LeGarrette Blount has a great first and second quarter to quiet the critics that have crept up during the preseason.
3) Markus Wheaton shows he can run solid routes and notch a few catches in the process.
4) The defense sacks Eli Manning twice in the opening series.
5) Ryan Shazier gets an interception.
6) The combination of #4 and #5 paints one of the patented stupid looks of Eli on his face for everyone to see and then make memes about later.
7) Dri Archer – whether it’s on a kickoff return or a busted play at the line of scrimmage – takes one to the house and causes anyone watching to crap their pants at how fast that guy really is.
Those are my wishes for tonight’s game. What are your’s, Steeler Nation?