Ben wants 30 points per game
Jun 16, 2015; Pittsburgh, PA, USA; Pittsburgh Steelers quarterback Ben Roethlisberger (7) gestures while talking to running back DeAngelo Williams (34) in drills during minicamp at the UPMC Sports Complex. Mandatory Credit: Charles LeClaire-USA TODAY Sports
Steelers insider Ed Bouchette of the PPG spoke with Ben Roethlisberger about coming into training camp and how he’s approaching the season following quite possibly his best offensive performance of his career.
"”That group in front of me is as good as any in the league, and as good as any I’ve ever had. It’s great. Then you look at outside receiver. AB is as good as anybody in this league and arguably one of the greatest that I’ve played with. Just all around on offense, we have just a special group. It has a chance to be really good. But we still want to score 30 points a game because that is our goal.” – Ben Roethlisberger"
Roethlisberger enters his 12th season in the NFL as the oldest player on offense for the Steelers.
"“It’s crazy because I guess if you think about playing this game long enough in my position, that’s going to happen at some point – you’re going to be the oldest guy on the team. You have to be blessed; you have to be lucky to have the opportunity because it means you stay healthy.” – Ben Roethlisberger"
More from Still Curtain
- Mel Kiper Jr. makes predictable pick for Steelers in first NFL mock draft
- Steelers news: Brian Flores odds to land HC job, no projected compensatory picks, and more
- Why Jordan Addison to the Steelers is a good idea
- 4 reasons Steelers would have been embarrassed in the NFL playoffs
- The easiest cut the Pittsburgh Steelers will make in 2023