Steelers defense applying pressure
Aug 23, 2015; Pittsburgh, PA, USA; Pittsburgh Steelers outside linebacker James Harrison (92) and Green Bay Packers wide receiver Ty Montgomery (88) shake hands after their game at Heinz Field. The Steelers won 24-19. Mandatory Credit: Charles LeClaire-USA TODAY Sports
The Steelers may have walked away with a victory on the scoreboard on Sunday and a loss to the offensive line but they can also takeaway a defensive performance that may be pointing the unit in the right direction.
The Steelers defense recorded six sacks against the Green Bay Packers, all contributed by a different player on the defense. James Harrison had the first sack of the game, that also resulted in a safety and other sacks were contributed by Shamarko Thomas, Jarvis Jones, Bud Dupree, Ian Wild and L.J. Fort.
I do have one request for the scoreboard people at Heinz Field. Since we’re not sure if Renegade will continue to be played for the defense (and how could it without including Polamalu highlights?) at least one new addition should be whenever Shamarko Thomas records a sack it should be referred to as a “Shark” and the ‘Jaws’ theme should play on the jumbo-tron. Just a suggestion.
More from Still Curtain
- Mel Kiper Jr. makes predictable pick for Steelers in first NFL mock draft
- Steelers news: Brian Flores odds to land HC job, no projected compensatory picks, and more
- Why Jordan Addison to the Steelers is a good idea
- 4 reasons Steelers would have been embarrassed in the NFL playoffs
- The easiest cut the Pittsburgh Steelers will make in 2023