2. The Patriots are the worst
In case you haven’t heard the news, the Patriots are the cheatingest cheaters that have ever cheated in the history of professional sports.
Since Bill Belichick took over as head coach in the year 2000, the Patriots have been on an awesome run that rivals the greatest dynasties in the history of the sport. Part of that is no doubt due to Belichick’s gameplan brilliance and Tom Brady’s heroics, but if you think that they did things the right way you’ve got another thing coming.
The deflate gate scandal is overblown and the league did a horrible job of handling the punishment, but that doesn’t make the Patriots choir boys. In fact, this week we learned that they are as devious as ever.
More from Steelers News
- Mel Kiper Jr. makes predictable pick for Steelers in first NFL mock draft
- Steelers news: Brian Flores odds to land HC job, no projected compensatory picks, and more
- Why Jordan Addison to the Steelers is a good idea
- 4 reasons Steelers would have been embarrassed in the NFL playoffs
- The easiest cut the Pittsburgh Steelers will make in 2023
Yesterday ESPN released a bombshell report that says (among other things) the Patriots often send low-level staffers to other teams’ locker rooms to steal their playbooks:
“In fact, many former New England coaches and employees insist that the taping of signals wasn’t even the most effective cheating method the Patriots deployed in that era. Several of them acknowledge that during pregame warm-ups, a low-level Patriots employee would sneak into the visiting locker room and steal the play sheet, listing the first 20 or so scripted calls for the opposing team’s offense…”
Not only do they bend and break the rules at every turn but they are inconceivably arrogant about it. If you’re pulling for the Patriots tomorrow night I don’t want to know you.