Are you ready for some football? I know I am. In just a few hours the Pittsburgh Steelers will kick off the 2015 NFL season against the New England Patriots, and even on the west coast it feels like a national holiday.
There are plenty of great reasons to tune in for tonight’s game, including several epic matchups. The last time Tom Brady faced the Steelers he put on a show, throwing for 432 yards and four touchdowns in a 55-31 win:
“It started Saturday when Belichick was asked about the challenge of tackling Roethlisberger, who is listed at 241 pounds. “Yeah, he was probably that in the eighth grade,” Belichick cracked. “He’s all of 241, trust me.”
Almost funny, Bill. Almost.
What’s the one thing that could make this epic NFL kickoff fest that much better? Silly question. There’s only one thing that improves everything else: excessive consumption of alcohol. Don’t believe me? Try watching a full baseball game sober. Just try it. I’ll be waiting with a shotglass by the fourth inning.
Yes, beer and live sports go together like peanut butter and jelly. With that in mind, let’s design a drinking game that will enhance your viewing experience…
Take one drink if…
– Ground and pound: DeAngelo Williams or LeGarrette Blount rush for a first down
– Big (fat?) Ben: Roethlisberger shrugs off a sack and completes a pass
– Bill Belichick’s cut-off jersey is shown on camera
– You see a terrible towel waving in the audience
– They hype the Giants and Cowboys’ Sunday night game
Take two drinks if…
– Anytime somebody says “Deflate Gate” (get a designated driver)
– Anyone brings up Rob Gronkowski’s erotica novel
– Chris Collinsworth says “that’s fantastic!”
Take three drinks if…
– Your friend misses a touchdown while checking their fantasy football score
– New England takes a ten point lead (you’re going to need it)
– Al Michaels makes a reference that you don’t understand
Enjoy! And seriously, get a designated driver.
More from Still Curtain
- Mel Kiper Jr. makes predictable pick for Steelers in first NFL mock draft
- Steelers news: Brian Flores odds to land HC job, no projected compensatory picks, and more
- Why Jordan Addison to the Steelers is a good idea
- 4 reasons Steelers would have been embarrassed in the NFL playoffs
- The easiest cut the Pittsburgh Steelers will make in 2023