3. Chris Boswell
Who would have ever thought that a kicker doing his job would be a newsworthy event in the NFL?
The league’s changes to the extra point rules have put a renewed spotlight and scrutiny on the position. Several kickers have already wilted under the pressure. Pittsburgh might be 5-1 right now if not for an unfortunate Josh Scobee vs. Justin Tucker matchup a few weeks back. (Also Baltimore would be winless.)
Candidate number four is Mr. Chris Boswell, who came through on Sunday, hitting all four of his field goal attempts, including one from 51 yards out. For Pittsburgh in October that’s no small task.
What might be the funniest thing about this is that every time he makes a field goal Steelers fans are cheering like they’ve scored a touchdown:
Boswell is a perfect five for five on field goals and four for four on extra points so far and it’s hard to argue with perfection.
More from Still Curtain
- Mel Kiper Jr. makes predictable pick for Steelers in first NFL mock draft
- Steelers news: Brian Flores odds to land HC job, no projected compensatory picks, and more
- Why Jordan Addison to the Steelers is a good idea
- 4 reasons Steelers would have been embarrassed in the NFL playoffs
- The easiest cut the Pittsburgh Steelers will make in 2023