The Steelers offseason which includes everything from free agency to draft prep and anything in between is in full swing.
Steelers season never truly ends for Steeler Nation so while the offseason starts to heat up we’ll be busy looking for mentions of your Black & Gold so we’ve got you covered. Here’s your Steelers Morning Huddle for Wednesday, Mar. 23rd.
Breakfast with Coach T
Teresa Varley has the scoop on what Steelers head coach Mike Tomlin had to say during the AFC Coaches Breakfast at the NFL Owners Meetings. Among other topics Tomlin discussed his public scolding of running back DeAngelo Williams for his Twitter rant about Peyton Manning.
Tomlin explained that he and Williams are still cool and there was no harm meant by the tweet. Tomlin was also asked about his feelings on whether or not linebacker James Harrison might be returning for the 2016 season.
Tomlin is encouraged by the fact that Harrison wants to go through the training process to make sure his body would be ready for another season but he’s already prepared to give him a rest during training camp.
More from Steelers News
- Mel Kiper Jr. makes predictable pick for Steelers in first NFL mock draft
- Steelers news: Brian Flores odds to land HC job, no projected compensatory picks, and more
- Why Jordan Addison to the Steelers is a good idea
- 4 reasons Steelers would have been embarrassed in the NFL playoffs
- The easiest cut the Pittsburgh Steelers will make in 2023
"“I am not going to put a gun to his head. I am not going to ask him to do much in Latrobe, anyway. Let’s be honest, he is over there on field No. 8 in training camp, so he doesn’t hurt any of the kids.” – Mike Tomlin"
Conor Orr of Around the NFL breaks down the seven new rules that were approved at this week’s NFL Owners Meetings. The approved rule changes include:
- Making all chop blocks illegal
- Permanently pushing back the PAT to the 15-yard line
- Headset communication systems can be used by offensive and defensive play-callers whether on the field or in the booth
- Horse-collar tackles expand to include any are at the name on the jersey and above
- A delay of game penalty for teams attempting to call a timeout when they are not allowed to call a timeout
- Replacing the 5-yard penalty for an eligible receiver touching a forward pass after coming back to the field from being out of bounds with a loss of a down
- Eliminating multiple spots of enforcement for a double foul after a change of possession
Fear Big Ben’s beard
We’ve already heard that Steelers quarterback Ben Roethlisberger has been getting sniper training this offseason but Jon Breech of CBS Sports reminds us that there’s more to Ben than just his big gun. He’s got an enormous beard he’s sporting this spring.
Roethlisberger is typically clean shaven through the season and lets it grow through the playoffs. Guess he lost his razor.