Ryan Anderson EDGE, Alabama
- Impressive Speed-to-Power rusher, violent player in nature
- Effective hand usage, power to deliver violent blows and quickness to shed blocks
- Athleticism to make plays in space
- Holds ground in run game and can shed blocks at point of attack
- Less than ideal length for an EDGE rusher
- Average flexibility while turning the corner, needs to work on flattening path to QB and turning pressures into sacks
Often overshadowed by the rest of Alabama’s ferocious defense, Ryan Anderson is no joke. The Redshirt Senior is one of the best pass rushers in the nation, with 33.5 tackles for loss and 16 sacks so far in his career.
Luckily for Pittsburgh, Anderson is almost surely to be available at the time of their first, and possibly even second selection. Anderson would immediately step in as an OLB who could rush the passer and provide solid run defense.
Alabama’s defensive front is so talented, and the Steelers would benefit greatly from drafting as many of their defenders as possible.