5 bold predictions for the Steelers vs. the Bears in week 9
By Andrew Falce
As the Steelers gear up for their Monday night game against the Bears, here are five bold predictions for the week nine matchup.
The Steelers are hoping to expand their winning streak to four games this Monday as they take on a lackluster Bears offense. In all regards, this week should yield another win for the team, although no game is ever an easy one in the NFL.
The Bears boast some talent on their underperforming offense and their defense has quite a few talented players as well. That said, this game is clearly slanted towards the Steelers. Here are five bold predictions for the Steelers vs. the Bears in week nine.
Steelers McFarland breaks off a long run
The Steelers have a clear-cut bell-cow at running back, but as the season has gone on, they have seemed to want to get him some additional rest in games. While Najee Harris is still playing 80 percent of the offensive snaps, the team is typically spelling him on the other 20 percent. The team seemed to favor having Anthony McFarland come in due to his contrast in running style.
With the Bears likely focused on stopping a power runner, McFarland has a chance to do some damage as a reserve. No, he isn’t going to get a surge in snaps or carries, but I think he ultimately runs the ball two-three times, and one of those runs goes for 20 plus yards. That speed finally shows up on the field and he has a solid game as a reserve. It isn’t anything much, but his element of speed gives the Bears’ defense something else to have to focus on in this game.