The Pittsburgh Steelers are going to be down a key weapon on offense in Week 2, as Diontae Johnson has been ruled out against the Cleveland Browns with a hamstring injury.
Johnson missed the end of the team’s Week 1 loss to the San Francisco 49ers after suffering the injury, and he could be facing a multi-week absence.
Diontae Johnson injury status for Week 2 game against Pittsburgh Steelers
Johnson has been ruled out for Week 2 against the Cleveland Browns with his hamstring injury.
Best Pittsburgh Steelers prop bet for Week 2 vs. Cleveland Browns
Kenny Pickett UNDER 205.5 passing yards
This is going to be a tough game for Pickett, as he doesn’t have his No. 1 receiver and he’s facing a Browns defense that allowed just six first downs to Joe Burrow and the Bengals in Week 1.
Pickett did use a negative game script in Week 1 to throw for 232 yards, but I’m not counting on a blowout in this one. Instead, I could see this being a low-scoring game focused on defense.
With Johnson out, Pickett is a prime fade candidate.
No matter how you wager on the game – or the prop market – between the Steelers and Browns, FanDuel Sportsbook has a great offer for new users.
All you need to do is sign up with the link below, deposit and wager $5 to receive $200 in bonus bets and $100 off NFL Sunday Ticket!
Diontae Johnson injury history
Diontae Johnson has a bit of a history of getting injured early in seasons, and 2023 is no different.
- Sept. 2020: Pedal Foot Sprain – did not miss time
- Sept. 2020: Pedal Toe Sprain – did not miss time
- Sept. 2020: Concussion – did not miss a game
- Oct. 2020: Back Lower Lumbar Sprain/Pull – missed one game
- Sept. 2021: Knee Strain Grade 1 – missed one game
- Sept. 2023: Hamstring – expected to miss Week 2
When is Diontae Johnson coming back?
Diontae Johnson doesn’t have a timeline to return, and he should be considered highly questionable for Week 3 against Las Vegas.
Soft-tissue injuries like a hamstring strain are tough to return from, so the Steelers’ No. 1 wideout could be looking at an extended absence.
Pittsburgh Steelers next 5 opponents
- Las Vegas Raiders, Sunday, Sept. 24
- Houston Texans, Sunday Oct. 1
- Baltimore Ravens, Sunday, Oct. 8
- Los Angeles Rams, Sunday Oct. 22
- Jacksonville Jaguars, Sunday Oct. 29
Cleveland Browns injury report
- Juan Thornhill – questionable, calf
- Siaki Ika – questionable, foot
- Amari Cooper – questionable, groin
Pittsburgh Steelers injury report
- Anthony McFarland – out, knee
- Diontae Johnson – out, hamstring
Odds refresh periodically and are subject to change.