Pittsburgh Steelers starting quarterback Kenny Pickett has been dealing with a bone bruise and a mild knee strain since going down in the third quarter of the Texans game. When Pickett was injured some speculated that it was an MCL sprain and meniscus tear for Pickett that would cause him to miss some time.
Pickett was aided off the field by the training staff last week and was quickly ruled out for the game. The fact that he was noticeably hobbled didn't seem to be an encouraging sign for his availability to suit up ahead of the Week 6 bye.
With a shaky QB situation and a struggling offense, fans are eager to know if Pickett will be suiting up this Sunday. Here's everything you need to know.
Kenny Pickett injury status for Week 5 matchup vs. Ravens
On Wednesday morning, there was a rumor circulating that Kenny Pickett would be suiting up to play against the Baltimore Ravens on Sunday. Recently, he confirmed this during a media session, saying he will be 'ready to go by Sunday.'
Kenny Pickett injury history
- September 21st, 2019: Shoulder injury (missed 1 game at Pitt)
- October 10th, 2020: Grade 2 ankle sprain (missed 2 games at Pitt)
- October 16th, 2022: Grade 1 concussion (missed the remainder of game)
- December 11th, 2022: Grade 1 concussion (missed the remainder of game)
- October 1st, 2023: Leg shin bone bruise (missed the remainder of the game)
When is Kenny Pickett coming back?
According to what he told the media on October 4th, Kenny Pickett should be ready to return to the field this Sunday against the Baltimore Ravens.
On Wednesday, Pickett was a limited participant in practice. Following Friday's practice, we will have a much clearly picture of his availability against the Baltimore Ravens on Sunday. The Steelers host the Ravens at Acrisure Stadium at 1:00 p.m. Eastern Time on Sunday. Pickett likely needs to log a full practice on Friday in order to suit up this week.
Pittsburgh Steelers next 5 opponents
- Week 5: vs Baltimore Ravens, Oct. 8th
- Week 6: BYE
- Week 7: @ Los Angeles Rams, Oct. 22nd
- Week 8: vs Jacksonville Jaguars, Oct. 29th
- Week 9: vs Tennessee Titans (TNF) Nov. 2nd
- Week 10: vs Green Bay Packers Nov. 12th
Pittsburgh Steelers injury report
- P Pressley Harvin III, hamstring
- QB Kenny Pickett, knee
- CB Patrick Peterson, NIR
- LB Cole Holcomb, back
- OT Dan Moore Jr., knee
- OG Isaac Seumalo, NIR
- OT Chukwuma Okorafor, elbow
- TE Pat Freiermuth, hamstring
- DL DeMarvin Leal, concussion
- OG James Daniels, groin
Baltimore Ravens injury report
- WR Rashod Bateman, hamstring
- WR Odell Beckham Jr., ankle
- RB Justice Hill, foot/hamstring
- CB Marlon Humphrey, foot
- RB Keaton Mitchell, shoulder
- OT Morgan Moses, shoulder
- LB Odafe Oweh, ankle
- OT Ronnie Stanley, knee
- FS Marcus Williams, pectoral
- CB Daryl Worley, shoulder