It’s looking like the Pittsburgh Steelers will be without starting tight end Pat Freiermuth in Week 5 against the Baltimore Ravens due to a hamstring injury.
The team promoted TE Rodney Williams from their practice squad on Wednesday. Freiermuth was injured in Week 4 against the Houston Texans.
Pat Freiermuth injury status for Week 5 vs. Baltimore Ravens.
While Freiermuth hasn’t officially been ruled out, he appears to be trending in that direction. The Steelers are already down another key pass catcher in Diontae Johnson (injured reserve).
UPDATE, Sunday Morning: Freiermuth is inactive this week against the Ravens.
Best Steelers bet for Week 5 vs. Ravens with Pat Freiermuth likely out
Steelers team total under 16.5 points
This isn’t a fun bet for Steelers fans, but it may be the right one against a Ravens defense that ranks No. 1 in the NFL in yards per play allowed.
The Pittsburgh offense has been stuck in the mud all season long, and now Kenny Pickett is banged up and without two of his best pass-catchers in Johnson and Freiermuth.
This could be a big day for Jaylen Warren and Najee Harris, but I don’t see the Steelers beating this Ravens defense when it could get Marlon Humphrey back this week.
Pittsburgh has failed to clear this total in two of the team’s four games this season.
No matter how you wager on the game – or the prop market – between the Steelers and Ravens, FanDuel Sportsbook has a great offer for new users.
All you need to do is sign up with the link below, deposit and wager $5 to receive $200 in bonus bets!
Pat Freiermuth injury history
- Nov. 2021: Concussion – did not miss time
- Dec. 2021: Concussion
- Oct. 2022: Concussion – third as a pro
- Jan. 2023: Knee MCL Sprain Grade 2
- Sept. 2023: Chest Sternum Bruise – left Week 1 game vs. San Fran
- Oct. 2023: Thigh Hamstring Strain Grade 2 – expected to miss 2-3 weeks
When is Pat Freiermuth coming back?
It looks like Freiermuth will miss Week 5, so his next chance to play would come against the Los Angeles Rams in Week 7. The Steelers are on the bye in Week 6.
Pittsburgh Steelers next 5 opponents
- Los Angeles Rams, Sunday Oct. 22
- Jacksonville Jaguars, Sunday Oct. 29
- Tennessee Titans, Thursday, Nov. 2
- Green Bay Packers, Sunday, Nov. 12
- Cleveland Browns, Sunday Nov. 19
Pittsburgh Steelers injury report
- The Steelers have not released an official injury report for Week 5.
Baltimore Ravens injury report
- The Ravens have not released an official injury report for Week 5.
Game odds refresh periodically and are subject to change.
Find Peter Dewey's betting record here.