Pittsburgh Steelers Start Roster Cuts
Step into the coach’s office, bring your playbook. That’s the unfortunate phrase that nine players heard as they entered Steelers facilities on the South Side on Tuesday morning. The Steelers have to get the roster trimmed down to 75 players by 4pm ET today.
More from Steelers News
- Steelers news: Rashard Mendenhall calls out Big Ben, Brian Flores interviews for HC job, and more
- Steelers play it safe in recent 2023 NFL mock draft
- Kenny Pickett gets his guy in latest Steelers mock draft with trades
- Steelers face potentially dark reality if Matt Canada doesn’t pan out
- Senior Bowl sleepers the Steelers must have on their radar
The Steelers cut nine players including:
- WR C.J. Goodwin
- WR Kashif Moore
- RB Jordan Hall
- CB Lew Toler
- CB Devin Smith
- RB Miguel Maysonet
- TE Eric Waters
- LB Vic So’oto
- S Jordan Dangerfield
Vic So’oto had been making some plays for the Steelers so far in preseason but didn’t make the first wave of cuts. The Steelers will undoubtedly look to add some of these players to their practice squad, which was expanded by the league to allow teams to carry 10 players for this season. The previous limit was eight players per practice squad. Teams can begin signing players to their practice squads on August 31st.
The Steelers roster now stands at 81 so six more cuts will need to be made today. The Steelers take on the Carolina Panthers at home in their final preseason game on Thursday night and then will have until 4pm ET on Saturday to trim the roster down to 53.
Who do you predict to be part of the final six roster cuts the Steelers will make today?