Aug 28, 2014; Pittsburgh, PA, USA; Carolina Panthers running back Fozzy Whittaker (43) is stopped by Pittsburgh Steelers defensive lineman Daniel McCullers (74) during the second half at Heinz Field. The Panthers won the game, 10-0. Mandatory Credit: Jason Bridge-USA TODAY Sports
Unlike the other names on this list, Daniel McCullers isn’t quite as known. Drafted in the 6th round last season, McCullers rarely saw the field, and only accumulated two tackles throughout the entire season. Yet, despite the lack of flashy numbers, McCullers could be seen throughout the preseason, and during the plays he was a part of during the season often pushing the offensive line, and creating room for plays to be made by other defensive players, like a true nose tackle.
He showed great power, and strength, with the ability to wreak havoc on opposing linemen. McCuller’s gigantic 6’7”, 352lb frame gives him a huge size advantage to many of the offensive linemen he faces, which could come in handy. Though it’s expected that Steve McClendon will start the season at Defensive Tackle for the Steelers, don’t be surprised if you see a considerable amount of Daniel McCullers on the field.
Agree/Disagree? Thought someone else deserved a spot on this list? Comment below!
More from Still Curtain
- Mel Kiper Jr. makes predictable pick for Steelers in first NFL mock draft
- Steelers news: Brian Flores odds to land HC job, no projected compensatory picks, and more
- Why Jordan Addison to the Steelers is a good idea
- 4 reasons Steelers would have been embarrassed in the NFL playoffs
- The easiest cut the Pittsburgh Steelers will make in 2023