RB/WR Curtis Samuel, Ohio State
As I noted in the previous slide, Curtis Samuel’s greatest attribute is his versatility as a rusher and receiver. With no defined position in Ohio State’s offense, Samuel lines up all over the field and fills many roles.
As a change of pace back at Ohio State, Curtis Samuel does a fantastic job of adding an explosive element to their offensive attack. As a running back, Samuel runs balanced and strong with an explosive playing style.
He can easily run through arm tackles and break big plays as a result. With his excellent burst and acceleration Samuel can separate from the pack and reel off splash play after splash play. His dynamic open field running allows him to weave through the defense and make people miss. Perhaps his best move is his nasty spin move to send defenders to their feet.
More from Steelers Draft
- Why Jordan Addison to the Steelers is a good idea
- Kenny Pickett gets his guy in latest Steelers mock draft with trades
- One simple change Omar Khan must make for the Steelers draft
- Steelers could take one of these top cornerbacks in the 2023 NFL Draft
- Steelers mock draft: Pittsburgh finally opts to attack the trenches
Primarily lining up in the slot at WR, Samuel has proven himself to be a fantastic route runner. He flashes insane short area quickness and suddenness in his routes.
This allows him to easily create separation at the top of his routes and get open. His natural athletic traits and the intricate timing in his routes make him a lethal option out of the slot.