Steelers MMQB: NFL Offseason News
Aug 16, 2014; Pittsburgh, PA, USA; Pittsburgh Steelers cornerback Ike Taylor (24) reacts on the sidelines against the Buffalo Bills during the fourth quarter at Heinz Field. The Steelers won 19-16. Mandatory Credit: Charles LeClaire-USA TODAY Sports
Ike Taylor may have just recently cleaned out his locker but he’s not leaving the Steelers organization just yet. Mark Kaboly of the Trib reports that Taylor will likely stay on with the team as a coaching intern during the 2015 OTAs.
Taylor will also join the NFL Network and NFL Films but looks to be pulling double-duty as a coaching intern with the Steelers, at least through training camp. Taylor spent a good deal of time on the sidelines for the Steelers last season while recovering from a wrist injury so he may have found his niche staying there and helping the next generation of Steelers secondary come into their own.
Craig suggested the idea last week about Taylor rejoining the staff as a coach. Taylor would join the likes of Joey Porter and Carnell Lake as previous players to return as a coach.
More from Still Curtain
- Steelers news: Rashard Mendenhall calls out Big Ben, Brian Flores interviews for HC job, and more
- Steelers play it safe in recent 2023 NFL mock draft
- Kenny Pickett gets his guy in latest Steelers mock draft with trades
- Steelers face potentially dark reality if Matt Canada doesn’t pan out
- Senior Bowl sleepers the Steelers must have on their radar